Angers is in the heart of France’s third biggest winemaking region and within the Loire Valley World Heritage site. It is also ranked as France’s number one green city*.
Here you can stroll the narrow streets of the historic quarter, explore the city by bike, enjoy culture, share in simple pleasures, taste top-quality wines, appreciate city parks and the surrounding natural area. Come and take life slow on foot, by bike or on the river in France’s number one city for relaxation**:
Destination Angers Tourist Office is on hand to help you plan and make the most of your stay.
At the Tourist Office, you can:
- Receive personalised advice from our destination experts
- Access ultra-personalised trip information on your mobile
- Purchase your Angers City Pass for the best-priced entry to leading attractions
- Prepare group visits
- Buy tickets for tourist attractions, tours and events
- Take part in a guided tour
- Take advantage of the bike concierge service in peak season (June to mid September)
*2020 Ranking by the French Green Cities Observatory
** The Emma study of most relaxing cities – September 2021